218 Sleepy Hollow Road New Canaan, CT 06840
One of the stars of New Canaan’s legacy of mid-century modernism, the Wiley House, designed by Philip Johnson in the early 1950’s, was restored by Roger Ferris + Partners. Johnson’s double-height glass pavilion with its living room and subtly hidden but generous galley kitchen cantilevers out over the fieldstone base. The slope of the land allows the lower-level rooms with the light marble floors full views of the property. The vintage swimming pool with its original diving pad is a twin to the circular pool at Johnson’s Glass House. A new pool house built into the hill and the reconstructed barn/art gallery form their own separate courtyard. A stand of towering Hickory trees creates a cathedral space around the house.
|11 minutes ago||Listing updated with changes from the MLS|
|5 months ago||Price changed to $7,800,000|
|4 years ago||Listing first seen online|
Listing Source: SMART MLS
IDX information is provided exclusively for consumers personal, non-commercial use, and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. The data provided is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the MLS.